Definition of Kinsey Report
Kinsey Report: A report entitled "Sexual Behavior in the Human Male" published by Alfred Charles Kinsey's in 1948 that attracted great attention.
The Kinsey Report, as it was known, was based on extensive interviews with 18,500 subjects. The Report revealed that many practices considered "sexual perversions" were in common usage.
Kinsey (1894-1956), a sociologist, was widely praised and damned for his work. Those who actually read his Report were usually struck by its lack of eroticism and its serious scientific tone.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- Guide: Top Ways to Get Fit and Make Your Sex Life Sizzle
- Learn How to Treat and Conceal Cold Sores
- Emergency Contraception FAQ
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair