Definition of Breast development, early
Breast development, early: The beginning of breast development at puberty is known medically as thelarche. It is now a normal event at an earlier age (e.g., age 8) than in the past.
The term thelarche comes from two Greek words: "thele," nipple + "arche," beginning. Thelarche is frequently (and incorrectly) written without the "h" as telarche.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Women's Health Resources
- Can You Prevent a Yeast Infection?
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Tips for Dealing With Menopause Symptoms
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair