How to Put on Compression Stockings
Compression stockings: Step 1
1. Reach into the stocking, and grab the toe.
Compression stockings: Step 2
2. Turn the upper half of the stocking inside out.
Compression stockings: Step 3
3. Put your foot into the toe of the stocking, and gently slide the stocking over your heel. Then use your fingertips or palms to "slide" the stocking up your leg. Wearing gloves can help you slide the stocking up. Don't grab the top of the stocking and pull, because that may rip the stocking.
Compression stockings: Step 4
4. Continue to slide the stocking up the leg until it is positioned correctly. Repeat these steps on the other leg.
eMedicineHealth Medical Reference from Healthwise
To learn more visit Healthwise.org
Find out what women really need.
Most Popular Topics
Pill Identifier on RxList
- quick, easy,
Find a Local Pharmacy
- including 24 hour, pharmacies