Font Size

Who Can Help Me Make Lifestyle Changes for My High Blood Pressure

Who Can Help Me Make Lifestyle Changes for My High Blood Pressure?

If you are having difficulty making or staying with diet or lifestyle changes for your high blood pressure, professionals can help.

  • A registered dietitian has specialized training in nutrition and can help make your diet healthier while still allowing you to eat foods that you enjoy.
  • An exercise physiologist can help design an exercise program that is fun and easy to stay on.
  • A trained mental health professional (psychiatrist, psychologist, or social worker) can help you overcome hurdles in staying with a lifestyle change.
  • A doctor or mental health professional can also provide guidance in reducing stress or quitting smoking.


ByHealthwise Staff
Primary Medical ReviewerE. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine
Specialist Medical ReviewerRobert A. Kloner, MD, PhD - Cardiology
Last RevisedApril 5, 2013

eMedicineHealth Medical Reference from Healthwise

This information does not replace the advice of a doctor. Healthwise disclaims any warranty or liability for your use of this information. Your use of this information means that you agree to the Terms of Use. How this information was developed to help you make better health decisions.

To learn more visit

© 1995-2014 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.

Medical Dictionary