Definition of ASA (drug caution code)
ASA (drug caution code): Abbreviation on a medication that indicates it contains acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin).
This special caution code is intended to be a warning for patients with specific medical conditions. If you see it or another possible caution code on a prescription, talk to your pharmacist about it before using the medicine.
While not a part of the historical heritage of ancient prescription abbreviations, drug caution codes provide very valuable warnings.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 10/9/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Drugs and Treatment Resources
- Psoriasis Treatment Strategies for You and Your Doctor
- 4 Vitamins and Minerals Adults Need
- Is Hormone Replacement Therapy for You?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair