- Get down on your hands and knees on the floor.
- Relax your head, and allow it to droop.
- Round your back up toward the ceiling until you feel a nice stretch in your upper, middle, and lower back.
- Hold this stretch for as long as it feels comfortable, or about 15 to 30 seconds.
- Return to the starting position with a flat back while you are on all fours.
- Let your back sway by pressing your stomach toward the floor. Lift your buttocks toward the ceiling.
- Hold this position for 15 to 30 seconds.
- Repeat 2 to 4 times.
|Primary Medical Reviewer||William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||Joan Rigg, PT, OCS - Physical Therapy|
|Last Revised||February 15, 2012|
eMedicineHealth Medical Reference from Healthwise
To learn more visit Healthwise.org
© 1995-2012 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.