Definition of Aromatherapy
Aromatherapy: A form of alternative medicine in which essential oils or other scents are inhaled to achieve therapeutic benefit. The mechanism of action in aromatherapy is unknown, but recent studies have shown that aromatherapy may be beneficial for some health problems.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Complementary Medicine Resources
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- 4 Vitamins and Minerals Adults Need
- Can Yogurt Cure a Yeast Infection?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?