Definition of Kidney cancer
Kidney cancer: Malignancy of the kidney, the organ that is primarily responsible for the removal of metabolic waste products from the body.
The types of kidney cancer in adults and children are different and distinct:
Kidney cancer is treated with surgery, embolization, radiation therapy, hormone therapy, biological therapy, or chemotherapy.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 8/28/2013
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- Risk Factors for Kidney Cancer
- 9 Questions to Ask Before Having Surgery
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication