Definition of Herniorrhaphy
Herniorrhaphy: The surgical repair of a hernia. Herniorrhaphy may be done under local or general anesthesia using a conventional incision or a laparoscope.
The term "herniorrhaphy" comes from hernio-, referring to a hernia + the Greek rhaphe, a seam = putting a seam (or suture) in a hernia.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair