Definition of Herniorrhaphy
Herniorrhaphy: The surgical repair of a hernia. Herniorrhaphy may be done under local or general anesthesia using a conventional incision or a laparoscope.
The term "herniorrhaphy" comes from hernio-, referring to a hernia + the Greek rhaphe, a seam = putting a seam (or suture) in a hernia.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Are Antidiarrheals Safe for IBS?
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help Digestion?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu