Definition of Repair, hernia
Repair, hernia: Also called a herniorrhaphy, a surgical repair of a hernia. Hernia repair may be done under local or general anesthesia using a conventional incision or a laparoscope.
The alternative term "herniorrhaphy" comes from hernio-, referring to a hernia + the Greek rhaphe, a seam = putting a seam (or suture) in a hernia.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- What You Should Know Before You Have Surgery
- Will Health Reform Affect You?
- Are Generics Just As Good?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication