Definition of Nodule, Heberden
Nodule, Heberden: A small hard fixed bump on the finger, usually at the last joint of the finger. A Heberden nodule is a calcified spur of the joint (articular) cartilage. It serves as a useful sign of osteoarthritis.
Named for the English physician William Heberden (1710-1801) who made a number of celebrated medical discoveries (including angina).Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- Treating OA: Should You Give Injectables a Shot?
- 18 Tips to Keep Your Joints Healthy
- Exercises to Strengthen Joints
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu