Definition of Nodule, Heberden
Nodule, Heberden: A small hard fixed bump on the finger, usually at the last joint of the finger. A Heberden nodule is a calcified spur of the joint (articular) cartilage. It serves as a useful sign of osteoarthritis.
Named for the English physician William Heberden (1710-1801) who made a number of celebrated medical discoveries (including angina).Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- Treating OA: Should You Give Injectables a Shot?
- When to Take More Pain Meds
- 9 Questions to Ask Before Having Surgery
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication