Definition of HER2
HER2: Abbreviation for human epidermal growth factor receptor 2. HER2 is a transmembrane tyrosine kinase receptor and is expressed by, and involved in the growth of, some cancer cells. For example, HER2 is overexpressed in 18% to 20% of invasive breast cancers and affects treatment as well as prognosis of breast cancers.
Also called c-erbB-2 or neu; also written HER-2.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 10/3/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Are Antidiarrheals Safe for IBS?
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help Digestion?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu