Definition of Pyarthrosis
Pyarthrosis: Infectious arthritis. Pyarthrosis is typically caused by a bacterial infection in the joint. Diagnosis is made by analysis of fluid that has been removed from the joint, including microscopic examination and culture. Pyarthrosis requires drainage of the joint and antibiotics, usually intravenously administered.
Pyarthrosis is also referred to as suppurative, septic, or bacterial arthritis.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 8/28/2013
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- Are You Managing Your RA?
- Arthritis and Lyme Disease
- Treating OA: Should You Give Injectables a Shot?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?