Definition of Pyarthrosis
Pyarthrosis: Infectious arthritis. Pyarthrosis is typically caused by a bacterial infection in the joint. Diagnosis is made by analysis of fluid that has been removed from the joint, including microscopic examination and culture. Pyarthrosis requires drainage of the joint and antibiotics, usually intravenously administered.
Pyarthrosis is also referred to as suppurative, septic, or bacterial arthritis.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 8/28/2013
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- What to Expect During Surgery
- Treating OA: Should You Give Injectables a Shot?
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication