Definition of Pneumocyte
Pneumocyte: One of the cells lining the alveoli (the air sacs) in the lung.
The alveoli are, in fact, lined with two types of cells termed the type 1 and type 2 pneumocytes:
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- Being There for Your Child With Type 1 Diabetes
- Your Premature Baby: Milestones for the First 18 Months
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication