Definition of Surgery, fetal
Surgery, fetal: The surgical treatment of a fetus before birth. Fetal surgery is usually done when the fetus is not expected to survive to delivery or to live long after birth unless fetal surgery is performed. Also known as prenatal or antenatal surgery.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Pregnancy and Parenting Resources
- 10 Tips to Soothe a Crying Baby
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Pregnancy: What Does Insurance Cover?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?