Definition of Visceral
Visceral: Referring to the viscera, the internal organs of the body, specifically those within the chest (as the heart or lungs) or abdomen (as the liver, pancreas or intestines).
In a figurative sense, something "visceral" is felt "deep down." It is a "gut feeling."Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- Being There for Your Child With Type 1 Diabetes
- Your Premature Baby: Milestones for the First 18 Months
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication