Definition of Hematochezia
Hematochezia: Bright red blood in the stool, usually from the lower gastrointestinal tract -- the colon or rectum -- or from hemorrhoids.
The term "hematochezia" is rarely used. "Bright red blood in the stool" is more widely used (and understood).Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Are Antidiarrheals Safe for IBS?
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help Digestion?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu