Definition of Rhabdomyosarcoma
Rhabdomyosarcoma: A fast-growing malignancy of muscle that mainly affects children (more than 60 percent of cases are diagnosed before age 10) but can occur at any age. Treatment includes surgery, radiotherapy, chemotherapy, and, most often, a combination of these modes of treatment. The outlook depends on a number of factors, including the original location of the tumor.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Is a Clinical Trial Right for You?
- The Immune System's Role in Cancer
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication