Definition of Head and neck cancer
Head and neck cancer: The common carcinomas of the oral cavity, pharynx, and larynx as well as other tumors that affect the head and neck.
There are also metastatic head and neck cancers in which the primary tumor where the cancer originated may or may not be known.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Is a Clinical Trial Right for You?
- The Immune System's Role in Cancer
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication