Definition of Colonic (noun)
Colonic (noun): Colonic irrigation, the infusion of liquid into the colon through a tube in the rectum.
It is claimed that colonics "detoxify" and "cleanse" the body and have other health benefits. There is no convincing scientific evidence to support these claims and in some cases may even do harm (cause ulcers or make a hole)Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 9/20/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Are Antidiarrheals Safe for IBS?
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help Digestion?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu