Definition of Colonic (noun)
Colonic (noun): Colonic irrigation, the infusion of liquid into the colon through a tube in the rectum.
It is claimed that colonics "detoxify" and "cleanse" the body and have other health benefits. There is no convincing scientific evidence to support these claims and in some cases may even do harm (cause ulcers or make a hole)Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 9/20/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- 9 Questions to Ask Before Having Surgery
- Your Treatment Options for Constipation
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication