Definition of Colonic (noun)
Colonic (noun): Colonic irrigation, the infusion of liquid into the colon through a tube in the rectum.
It is claimed that colonics "detoxify" and "cleanse" the body and have other health benefits. There is no convincing scientific evidence to support these claims and in some cases may even do harm (cause ulcers or make a hole)Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 9/20/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?