Definition of Porcelain gallbladder
Porcelain gallbladder: Calcification of the wall of the gallbladder. The gallbladder looks on ultrasound, abdominal X-ray and computed tomography (CT) as if it were made of "porcelain." The calcification results from chronic cholecystitis (gallbladder inflammation) usually associated with gallstones. Patients with a calcified gallbladder have an increased risk of cancer of the gallbladder.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?