Definition of HEPA
HEPA: Acronym that stands for High-Efficiency Particulate Air and for High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestor.
HEPA filters are used for isolation and immunocompromise units, operating rooms, removal of allergens from the air (for hay fever, asthma, etc.) and other applications where maximum reduction or removal of submicron particulate matter from air is required.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- Allergic Rhinitis: Symptoms and Treatments
- Antihistamines vs. Decongestants
- Treating Severe Allergies
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?