Definition of Bergamot oil
Bergamot oil: An aromatic extract of the rind of the bergamot orange used to flavor Earl Grey tea and in aromatherapy. It causes photosensitivity, due largely to the presence of 5-methoxypsoralen. Drinking very large amounts of Earl Grey tea can block the intestinal absorption of potassium.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Complementary Medicine Resources
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- 4 Vitamins and Minerals Adults Need
- Can Yogurt Cure a Yeast Infection?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair