Definition of AAAS
AAAS: Spoken of as the "triple-AS", the American Association for the Advancement of Science is an organization concerned not only with the biomedical sciences but with all of the sciences. The AAAS publishes the weekly journal "Science", one of the great scientific periodicals. "Science" carries a remarkable range of new scientific information including, for example, findings from the Apollo mission to Mars as well as reports from the project to map the human genome.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 8/28/2013
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Women's Health Resources
- Can You Prevent a Yeast Infection?
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Tips for Dealing With Menopause Symptoms
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair