Definition of Ablate
Ablate: To remove. A tumor may be ablated. To ablate the thyroid gland is to remove it. The word "ablation" came from the Latin "ablatum" meaning to carry away.
Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 10/30/2013
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Women's Health Resources
- Understand Your Treatment Options for Constipation
- Could I Have Binge Eating Disorder?
- Early Care For Your Premature Baby
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication