Definition of Absolute CD4 count
Absolute CD4 count: The number of 'helper' T-lymphocytes in a cubic millimeter of blood. The absolute CD4 count is frequently used to monitor the extent of immune suppression in persons with HIV because with HIV, this number declines as the infection progresses. Also known as T4 count.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Resources for Staying Well
- HIV-AIDS: Myths and Facts
- Understanding The Symptoms of AIDS/HIV
- The Top 10 Myths About HIV and AIDS
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu