Definition of Acquired mutation
Acquired mutation: A genetic change that occurs in a single cell after the conception of an individual. That change is then passed along to all cells descended from that cell. Acquired mutations are involved in the development of cancer.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Women's Health Resources
- Can You Prevent a Yeast Infection?
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Tips for Dealing With Menopause Symptoms
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair