Definition of ACOG (Amer College of Ob & Gyn)
ACOG (Amer College of Ob & Gyn): The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists is an organization concerned with the quality of OB/Gyn practice in the U.S. It is called "a cog."
The members of ACOG are "Women's Health Care Physicians." ACOG is (in their own words) "the nation's leading group of professionals providing health care for women. As a private, voluntary, nonprofit organization, ACOG:
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- Guide: Top Ways to Get Fit and Make Your Sex Life Sizzle
- Learn How to Treat and Conceal Cold Sores
- Emergency Contraception FAQ
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?