Definition of Angiotensin converting enzyme 2
Angiotensin converting enzyme 2: An enzyme, abbreviated ACE2, that is an essential regulator of heart function. It may also be involved in the embryonic development of the heart. ACE2 was discovered in 2000. The gene for it has been mapped to the X chromosome (band Xp22).Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Heart Health Resources
- Tips for Living With AFib
- Will Health Reform Affect You?
- Know these 6 Serious Medical Symptoms of Afib
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair