Definition of ACE2 (angiotensin converting enzyme 2)
ACE2 (angiotensin converting enzyme 2): An essential regulator of heart function. Also may be involved in the embryonic development of the heart. The ACE2 gene has been mapped to the X chromosome (band Xp22).Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Women's Health Resources
- Can You Prevent a Yeast Infection?
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Tips for Dealing With Menopause Symptoms
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair