Definition of Albumen
Albumen: The white of an egg, the part of the egg from which meringues are made. Albus in Latin is white.
Not to be confused with "albumin" which is the main protein in human blood and the key to the regulation of the osmotic pressure of blood.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Nutrition and Healthy Eating Resources
- Could I Have Binge Eating Disorder?
- 11 No-Alcohol Drinks for Diabetes
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication