Definition of AMA
AMA: The American Medical Association. The AMA's mission statement proclaims:
"We are the Voice of the American Medical Profession.
"We are the partnership of physicians and their professional associations dedicated to promoting the art and science of medicine and the betterment of public health.
"We serve the physicians and their patients by establishing and promoting ethical, educational, and clinical standards for the medical profession and by advocating for the highest principle of all--the integrity of the physician/patient relationship."Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 8/28/2013
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Women's Health Resources
- Can You Prevent a Yeast Infection?
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Tips for Dealing With Menopause Symptoms
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair