Definition of Sesamoiditis
Sesamoiditis: Inflammation of a sesamoid bone. The patella (kneecap) is a sesamoid bone. Inflammation of the patella is a form of sesamoiditis. The condition is difficult to diagnosis and can be quite painful yet may respond well to surgery.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 9/20/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Are Antidiarrheals Safe for IBS?
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help Digestion?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu