Definition of Sesamoiditis
Sesamoiditis: Inflammation of a sesamoid bone. The patella (kneecap) is a sesamoid bone. Inflammation of the patella is a form of sesamoiditis. The condition is difficult to diagnosis and can be quite painful yet may respond well to surgery.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 9/20/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?