Definition of Hypertension, gestational
Hypertension, gestational: High blood pressure that develops during pregnancy and may subside after delivery. Women who have experienced gestational hypertension are more likely to develop hypertension and suffer a stroke later in life.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Heart Health Resources
- Tips for Living With AFib
- Will Health Reform Affect You?
- Know These 6 Serious Medical Symptoms of Afib
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?