Definition of Hox gene
Hox gene: One of a subgroup of homeobox genes that are found in clusters on the genes of vertebrates. These are referred to as Hox clusters in mammals. Hox clusters play a role in directing embryonic development.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Pregnancy and Parenting Resources
- 10 Tips to Soothe a Crying Baby
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Pregnancy: What Does Insurance Cover?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?