Definition of Arthroscopy
Arthroscopy: A surgical technique in which a tube-like instrument is inserted into a joint to inspect, diagnose, and repair tissues. It is most commonly performed in patients with diseases of the knees or shoulders.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- Are You Managing Your RA?
- Arthritis and Lyme Disease
- Treating OA: Should You Give Injectables a Shot?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?