Definition of Chondroitin sulfate
Chondroitin sulfate: A glycosaminoglycan (formerly called a mucopolysaccharide) found in cartilage, bone, blood vessels and connective tissues. There are two forms: chondroitin sulfate A and chondroitin sulfate C. One or both types accumulate abnormally in several of the mucopolysaccharidosis disorders. Chondroitin sulfate B is now called dermatan sulfate.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- What to Expect During Surgery
- Treating OA: Should You Give Injectables a Shot?
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication