Definition of Black henna
Black henna: A tattoo ink and paste consisting of henna with other ingredients added, sometimes including para-phenylenediamine (PPD). Allergic reactions to PPD include a contact dermatitis, itching, blisters, open sores, scarring of the skin . Allergic reactions to PPD may also lead to sensitivity to other products such as hair dye, sun block and some types of black clothing. Also called blue henna.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 9/20/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Complementary Medicine Resources
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- 4 Vitamins and Minerals Adults Need
- Can Yogurt Cure a Yeast Infection?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?