Definition of Trichotillomania
Trichotillomania: Compulsive hair pulling. An impulse control disorder characterized by the repeated urge to pull out scalp hair, eyelashes, eyebrows, or other body hair. Treatment may include cognitive-behavior therapy and medications.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Mental Health Resources
- Depression Treatment Tips
- Insurance Coverage for Mental Health Care
- 6 Tips for Getting an ADHD Child to Eat
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu