Definition of Postmenopause
Postmenopause: The period of time after the menopause. The postmenopause is formally defined as the time after which a woman has experienced twelve (12) consecutive months of amenorrhea (lack of menstruation) without a period.
The average length of the postmenopause has been increasing. With greater longevity, a woman will soon be postmenopausal on the average a third of her life.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Women's Health Resources
- Tips for Living With AFib
- Tips for Dealing With Menopause Symptoms
- Personalized Tips for Dealing With Breast Cancer
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?