Definition of Bloody show
Bloody show: Literally, the appearance of blood, a classic sign of impending labor. The bloody show 'consists of blood-tinged mucus created by extrusion and passage of the mucous plug that filled the cervical canal during pregnancy.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Pregnancy and Parenting Resources
- 10 Tips to Soothe a Crying Baby
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Pregnancy: What Does Insurance Cover?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?