Definition of Bowel disorders and fiber
Bowel disorders and fiber: High-fiber diets help delay the progression of and number of bouts with diverticulosis. In many cases, high-fiber diets help reduce the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). It is generally accepted that a diet high in fiber is protective or at least reduces the incidence of colon polyps and colon cancer.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Are Antidiarrheals Safe for IBS?
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help Digestion?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu