Definition of Anal papilla
Anal papilla: A skin tag that projects up from the junction between the skin and the inside lining of the anus. Anal papillae tend to occur with anal fissures and may be detected on a digital examination of the anus or with a scope. Removal is only necessary if the anal papillae are causing symptoms.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Are Antidiarrheals Safe for IBS?
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help Digestion?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu