Definition of Debulk
Debulk: To remove part of the bulk, usually of a tumor as in surgery to remove as much tumor as possible to increase the likelihood of success with chemotherapy, for example, or dead tissue. Debulking may be done by surgery, irradiation, laser or chemotherapy.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 9/20/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Is a Clinical Trial Right for You?
- The Immune System's Role in Cancer
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication