Definition of Breech birth
Breech birth: Birth of a baby with the buttocks, rather than the head, emerging first. Breech birth is more likely to cause injury to the mother or the infant than head-first birth. In many cases a baby in the breech position can be turned before delivery by using repeated, gentle massage.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Pregnancy and Parenting Resources
- 10 Tips to Soothe a Crying Baby
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Pregnancy: What Does Insurance Cover?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?