Definition of Fugue state
Fugue state: An altered state of consciousness in which a person may move about purposely and even speak, but is not fully aware. A fugue state is usually a type of complex partial seizure. See: Seizure, complex partial.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 5/12/2014
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
eMedicineHealth Top News
Medically reviewed by Martin Zipser, MD; Board Certified: Surgery
Mental Health Resources
- Depression Treatment Tips
- Insurance Coverage for Mental Health Care
- 6 Tips for Getting an ADHD Child to Eat
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu