Definition of Fugue state
Fugue state: An altered state of consciousness in which a person may move about purposely and even speak, but is not fully aware. A fugue state is usually a type of complex partial seizure. See: Seizure, complex partial.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 5/12/2014
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
eMedicineHealth Top News
Medically reviewed by Martin Zipser, MD; Board Certified: Surgery
Mental Health Resources
- Could I Have Binge Eating Disorder?
- 10 Problem That Could Mean Adult ADHD
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication