Definition of CT colonography
CT colonography: Another name for virtual colonoscopy. The term CT colonography provides a more accurate description of the technique that employs computerized tomography (CT) but not a colonoscope. This scan may also be useful in detecting cancers outside the colon, such as renal, lung, and lymph node cancers.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 9/20/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Are Antidiarrheals Safe for IBS?
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help Digestion?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu