Definition of CT colonography
CT colonography: Another name for virtual colonoscopy. The term CT colonography provides a more accurate description of the technique that employs computerized tomography (CT) but not a colonoscope. This scan may also be useful in detecting cancers outside the colon, such as renal, lung, and lymph node cancers.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 9/20/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair