Definition of Alkyl group
Alkyl group: In chemistry, a group of atoms derived from an alkane (a hydrocarbon with no carbon-to-carbon multiple bonds) by the loss of a hydrogen atom.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Men's Health Resources
- Could I Have Binge Eating Disorder?
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Do Baseball Caps Cause Baldness?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication