Definition of Herbicide
Herbicide: A chemical pesticide designed to control or destroy plants, weeds, or grasses. Herbicides tend to have wide-ranging effects on non-target species (other than those the pesticide is meant to control or kill).Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Complementary Medicine Resources
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- 4 Vitamins and Minerals Adults Need
- Can Yogurt Cure a Yeast Infection?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?