Definition of Bursitis, aseptic
Bursitis, aseptic: Bursitis that is not due to an infectious condition. Treatment of noninfectious bursitis includes rest, ice, and medications for inflammation and pain. Sometimes local cortisone injections are given to quiet inflammation.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- What to Expect During Surgery
- Treating OA: Should You Give Injectables a Shot?
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication