Definition of Bursitis, aseptic
Bursitis, aseptic: Bursitis that is not due to an infectious condition. Treatment of noninfectious bursitis includes rest, ice, and medications for inflammation and pain. Sometimes local cortisone injections are given to quiet inflammation.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- Are You Managing Your RA?
- Arthritis and Lyme Disease
- Treating OA: Should You Give Injectables a Shot?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?